According to Volodymyr Zelenskiy, about 4.5 million Ukrainians have lost electricity due to Russian bombings
Cover image: YEVHEN TITOV / AFP
- L’International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said on Thursday that it has not been detected at this stage “No sign of undeclared nuclear activity” At the request of Kiev, inspections were carried out in three places, accused by Moscow of erasing evidence of the preparation of a criminal case. “dirty bomb”.
- Ukraine will not participate in the G20 summit scheduled to be held in Indonesia in mid-November Vladimir Poutine participating, said on Thursday Vladimir Zelensky. The Russian President, who was invited by Indonesian President Joko Widodo, has not yet announced whether he has decided to physically go to the summit planned to be held in Bali.
- The export of Ukrainian grains was able to resume, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday, November 2, after Russia returned to the agreement signed in July. Moscow said that it received “written warranties” from Ukraine on the demilitarization of the sea corridor used for their transportation. President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky greeted on Tuesday evening “worldwide importance” export recovery.
- Moscow canceled its participation on Saturday to a grain deal following a naval drone attack on its fleet based in Sevastopol Bay in annexed Crimea.
- The US highly appreciated the role of Turkey in this result and asked for the renewal of the contract, which was originally signed for a period of four months.
- Despite doubts that Moscow would fulfill its obligations, world grain prices immediately began to fall. They flew earlier in the week, raising fears of worsening food problems around the world.
- Despite these advances, fears are growing that Russia will launch a nuclear strike on Ukraine. It is the United States of America “is increasingly worried about the possibility”The spokesman of the National Security Council, John Kirby, said this. These notes correspond to information from the bulletin New York Times Russian generals recently discussed possible methods of tactical nuclear strikes in Ukraine.
- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said this on Wednesday “irresponsible” Western media “You deliberately exaggerated the issue of nuclear weapons”. A day ago, the former president of Russia and the current number two of the Russian Security Council, Dmitry Medvedev, once again expressed the nuclear threat.
- Clashes on the ground continued on Wednesday, mainly in the east and the bombing of twenty-five locations according to the Ukrainian military command. The governor of Donetsk region, Pavlo Kyrylenko, said on Wednesday that 4 civilians were killed.
- Aleksandr Starukh from Zaporozhye in the south wrote on Telegram that the Russian army is attacking the city’s surroundings., near the nuclear power plant of the same name, without giving details. The head of the administration of Kryvyi Rih, which is also located in the south, in turn, informed about Russian kamikaze drone attacks.
- Ukraine’s Ukrenergo operator announced new restrictions on electricity on Wednesday Kyiv mayor Vitaly Klitschko promised to accommodate a thousand people “hot spots” for its residents.
- Vladimir Zelensky said that Russian strikes damaged 40% of Ukraine’s energy facilities. forcing the country to stop exporting electricity to the European Union, where the price of electricity has risen.
Get to know us directly from yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Unlocking passwords. For the first time since the start of the war, Kyiv is using naval suicide drones against the Russian fleet in Crimea.
Reviews. Diary of Olga and Sasha: “Russia today means fear, death, fear for many people in the world”
Tribune. “France should act as the best ally of Ukraine”
Unlocking passwords. By withdrawing from the grain agreement, Moscow is betting on the worsening of the world food crisis
Care. Amory Lovins, Scientist: ‘Vladimir Putin Just Exploded the Fossil Fuel Era’
Reportage. How the Russian economy overcomes the shock of sanctions
Care. Agathe Demarais: “Economic sanctions against Russia work, but only in the long term”
Unlocking passwords. Against sanctions, the Russians are slipping through the cracks in global trade from Turkey to Iran
Actually. Dunya’s answers to the most frequently asked questions