A typical team of the 2022 World Cup!
The verdict came after an absolutely insane encounter and a rare suspense match this Sunday evening. Argentina, led by its hero Lionel Messi, who won the crown for the first time in his career, thus won the third star in its history, after 1978 and 1986, at the expense of the Blues (3-3, 4-2). This 22nd World Cup final will, above all, be closed to a tournament that was widely criticized at the outset. From the defeat of Brazil, the dream of Moroccans waking up and the coronation of Argentina via the new tricolor saga, this competition will have many twists and turns. More than laughter and tears, many players revealed the magnitude of this World-specific event. What does eleven make up.
– Emiliano Martinez: divisive, provocative, even exasperating to some, Albiceleste’s last bastion remains one of the great architects of his nation’s coronation. Aston Villa goalkeeper Kylian Mbappe, who has stood his ground throughout the World Cup, missed another big game during the decisive penalty shootout against the Blues. The stoppage against Coman, the inconsistency that resulted against Tchouaméni and another disturbing celebration in front of the cameras as he picked up the trophy for the best goalkeeper in the competition. A perfect summary of his saga in Qatar.
– Nicolas Otamendi: Criticized for his Argentina debut and blamed for the 2010 World Cup quarter-final defeat against Germany, the current Benfica full-back has completely changed since then. The former Porto and Manchester City player, who was very confident throughout the competition, established himself as the boss of the Albiceleste defence. Otamendi dominated, winning 36 tackles, 10 interceptions and very few dribbles. From the poor student seen at the Cape Town Stadium to the resilience on display on the Qatar lawns, the progression is worrying. Performances awarded the first star on the world stage.
– Josko Guardiol: The masked Vatreni man has been dazzling throughout this World Cup, repulsing all opposition strikers … before Lionel Messi reminds him that he is on a mission. Apart from this helplessness in the face of genius, the rest is fascinating. Precious battles, life-saving turns, constant strength in the duel, empire in the air. A boss-sized World Cup that will surely open doors to a bright future for him. “Manchester City” has seen everything.
– Dayot Upamecano: Called by Didier Deschamps to participate in his first World Cup, DayHot Upamecano did not miss this opportunity. Dominant in duels, valuable in deep situations, motivated to improve, the Bayern Munich defender has proven to be one of the most perfect defenders in the world today. Along with Varane or Konate, Ebroïcien, who is affected by the virus and absent against the Atlas Lions, has rarely been pulled from the back, such as his breathtaking performances against Australia or Denmark. The result at the Stade de Lusail this Sunday, December 18, will still leave him with a bitter taste.
-Sofyan Amrabat: The 26-year-old defensive midfielder, who was a substitute for Fiorentina last season, will certainly not see the bench again. The author of the XXL World Cup and very symbolic of the historic journey by the Atlas Lions, Morocco is logically part of this typical team. Huizen, the undisputed owner of the guard position in the middle at 3 (south-east of Amsterdam), was terrible in the group stage and more so against Spain, then Portugal or even against France when playing with a back injury. With an impressive amount of play, he remains one of the biggest discoveries of this World Cup.
-Luka Modric: for some, let’s talk about revelation, or rather, for others, let’s talk about confirmation. An unfortunate finalist in Russia despite an exceptional World Cup, the 2018 Ballon d’Or repeated for the Doha side. There were no goals or assists for the Croatian, but the Real Madrid midfielder once again shone in the Vatreni midfield. His capital performance against Brazil, collected by third-placed mastermind Zlatko Dalic’s men, is still on replay. The 37-year-old virtuoso will inevitably leave a huge void when he decides to hang up.
– Enzo Fernández: Placed on the bench at the start of the campaign before joining the eleven for the third match against Poland, the Benfica player quickly established himself as an undisputed starter for Lionel Scaloni, and his inexperience on the international stage was clearly not felt. Awarded the trophy for the competition’s best young player, his performance in midfield proved vital to the Albiceleste’s World Cup triumph. It should be noted that he is effective in returning the ball, and his quality of orientation in the game. Lionel Messi’s lieutenant, the 21-year-old midfielder should quickly see the positions of the European leaders.
– Antoine Griezmann: a failed finale, of course. But then for the rest…what can I say. Dropped into midfield since the start of the World Cup, the Blues master has made chain runs, pressing phases, recoveries in several areas of the field and even often on the Blues’ surface, with several key saves in quarters. weekly contest. Technically, as in the world-class semi-final against Morocco, the Colchoneros player sublimated France’s game in Qatar. It’s hard to blame the Macon native for this missed final as his contribution throughout the competition will be valuable.
-Lionel Messi: some would definitely say GOAT. And for good reason, this Mondial-produced piece by Pulga has a special resonance. Let’s skip the tears of his best enemy, CR7, the star won the gong against the Blues, surely putting the seven-time Ballon d’Or at the pinnacle of the sport. The player of the tournament, who had 7 goals and 3 assists in Qatar, did not stop carrying himself, as did this final, marked by a fresh double to convert his penalty and a cool composure. If some like Zlatan Ibrahimovic were already calling destiny, Messi was responsible for writing it. Genius.
– Kylian Mbappe: brilliant, effective, insufficient. Native Bondi’s final is the epitome of his tournament. The sometimes transparent, often ailing Paris Saint-Germain forward shone during this World Cup. The top scorer of the competition with 8 goals and two assists scored a historic hat-trick against the Argentines. The cruel fate of the French number 10, which did not remove the size that the Parisian took on the world stage. Decisive against Australia, executioner against Denmark and Poland, catalyst against Morocco and brilliant against Albiceleste, Mbappe will do anything to win his second star. The gift just flew by for the person who will be blowing out their 24th candle this Tuesday.
– Julian Alvarez: Albiseleste’s future is ensured in the front ranks of the attack. The new Manchester City striker shone for his first World Cup. The 21-year-old striker, who scored 4 goals in 7 matches, was able to perfectly support Lionel Messi. Just like his double and his semi-final performance against Croatia, Kalcin’s wonder has reached a new dimension. Lionel Scaloni, to the delight of Pep Guardiola, who is also the coach of the already certain Erling Haaland…
A typical team of the competition: Martinez – Otamendi, Guardiol, Upamecano – Amrabat, Modric, Fernandes, Griezmann – Messi, Mbappe, Alvarez.
Substitutes: Dominik Livaković, Yassine Bounou, Achraf Hakimi, Azzedine Ounahi, Romain Saiss, Bukayo Saka, Jude Bellingham, Olivier Giroud.