How to translate the lyrics of your favorite song on Spotify?
Spotify pretended to be just a music streaming service. In addition to listening to your favorite songs, Spotify lets you discover new songs, read lyrics, and more. allows
In the sense of discovery, Spotify is also a great platform to explore music from different peoples and cultures.
With Spotify’s constant stream of new features, you can translate lyrics on Spotify and take your music journey to the next level.
When you view a song’s lyrics on Spotify, it will show if the lyrics translation feature is available for that song. This feature does not cover all songs and languages and is currently only available on Android and iOS.
Spotify will translate the lyrics to your system language. For example, if your phone’s language is set to English, the words will be translated to English. If you want to translate the lyrics to another language, you will need to change the language of the Spotify app first.
How to translate song lyrics on Spotify:
- Open Spotify and play the song you want to listen to.
- Open the music player at the bottom of your screen and swipe up to see the lyrics.
- Click the translate button next to share. You can also tap words to open them in full screen, then select the translate button in the lower left corner of your screen.
Spotify will display the translated lyrics below the original lyrics, and you can tap the translate icon again to hide the translations.
Musixmatch is a music recognition and lyrics app that helps you find the lyrics to your favorite songs. Also, Musixmatch’s FloatingLyrics can take a picture on Spotify and display the lyrics along with the translations. It also supports more songs and languages than Spotify.
If the song you want doesn’t have a translation on Spotify, you can try Musixmatch instead. Here it is:
- Download Musixmatch and install it on your phone.
- Open Musixmatch and sign in.
- Grant Musixmatch the required permissions. Musixmatch needs to access your notifications to know you’re listening. It also needs special permissions to override other apps like Spotify.
- You will be prompted to connect Musixmatch to Spotify or your local library. If you’re on Android, this isn’t necessary, so you can skip it for now.
- Tap it once in Musixmatch Open FloatingLyrics.
- Go to Spotify and listen to the song you want to get translations for.
- Tap the Musixmatch logo to bring up FloatingLyrics.
You can now see the translated lyrics of your favorite songs on Spotify! You can change the language you are comfortable with and start to understand the meaning behind the sounds.
Note that the above steps only work if you are using an Android phone. If you are an iPhone user, you need to connect Musixmatch to your Spotify account and then play the song you want to translate in Musixmatch.
Next, you need to open the music player and tap on the translate button in the lower left corner of your screen. Select the desired language and if there is a translation, you will see it below the text.
Download Musixmatch for Android | iOS (Free, subscription available)
Personalize your music
Spotify is constantly expanding and adding new features. In addition to being able to read the lyrics of your favorite songs on Spotify, you can also see the translation of the lyrics. This feature is being expanded to include more songs and languages, so don’t expect it to work with all songs.
If Spotify doesn’t have translated lyrics for the song you want, you can use Musixmatch, which has a larger catalog of songs and supported languages.
With these tools at your fingertips, it’s time to break the language barrier and enjoy music from around the world.